Effective Date: October 17, 2018
Last Modified: October 17, 2018
3. Children Under Age 13. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children under the age of thirteen (13) years (each a “Child” and collectively, “Children”). Access to and use of the How2Recycle Website by Children is prohibited. The How2Recycle Website is not designed for or marketed to Children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information (as defined below) from Children. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a Child, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a Child, please contact us.
4.1. “Location Information” means global positioning system (GPS) coordinates, Global Navigation Satellite System (GLONASS), iBeacon, or other geolocation information that can be used to identify the precise location of a person or device, but excluding Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
4.2. “Non-Personal Information” means information or content other than Personal Information, including, for example, aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information about our users and other information that does not identify any individual.
4.3. “Personal Information” (or “Personal Data”) means personally-identifiable information (information relating to an individual that can be used to identify, locate, or contact that individual, alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information), such as: name, home or physical address, e-mail address, phone number, or personal characteristics (such as descriptions of physical appearance and photos of individuals), Location Information, and any Sensitive Information (as defined below), or any other information about an individual that we collect through the How2Recycle Website and maintain in personally identifiable form in combination with other personally-identifiable information.
4.4. “Sensitive Information” means Social Security numbers, passport numbers, driver’s license numbers, bank account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, insurance policy numbers, login or authentication credentials (such as passwords and API keys) (“Login Credentials”), or other similar information.
5. Types of Information Collected.
5.2. Location Information. The How2Recycle Website does not collect Location Information except to the extent that you provide your mailing address as part of your Account Information or Payment Information.
6. Use of Non-Personal Information. We may use Non-Personal Information (including, for example, aggregated information about our users or information that does not identify any individual) for any purposes whatsoever (including without limitation, advertising, marketing, enhancing, designing, or developing products and/or services, and research), and we may share Non-Personal Information with others, including our partners, affiliates, and our service providers.
7.1. Cookies and Local Storage. Cookies are small text files placed onto your device when you visit and interact with the How2Recycle Website. Local storage is a technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your device. These technologies enable us to provide and enhance your experience using the How2Recycle Website.
7.2.1. Essential Processes and Security: To enable essential functions of the How2Recycle Website, such as to facilitate logging you in to the How2Recycle Website, facilitating payments, protecting your security, and helping us fight spam, abuse, and violations of the Agreement.
7.2.2. Preferences: To remember information about your browser and your preferences.
7.2.3. Performance, Analytics, and Research: To help us understand and measure how you use the How2Recycle Website and to improve the How2Recycle Website.
8. Use of Personal Information.
8.1. How We Use Your Information. We will only store and use your Personal Information as is reasonably necessary or appropriate in connection with your use of the How2Recycle Website, including:
8.1.1. to contact you in connection with your use of the How2Recycle Website, including to respond to your inquiries;
8.1.2. for authentication and identification purposes;
8.1.3. to enable us to provide the How2Recycle Website;
8.1.4. to process payments for How2Recycle memberships;
8.1.5. to provide you with notices about your How2Recycle account;
8.1.6. to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information to us;
8.1.7. in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
8.1.8. to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights;
8.1.9. to ensure your compliance with the Agreement and/or to investigate any potential breach of the Agreement; and
8.1.10. to protect our networks, data, software, or business interests.
8.2.1. to any person, entity, or organization which you consent for us to disclose your Personal Information to;
8.2.2. to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred;
8.2.3. to any person, entity, or organization in order to facilitate the provision of the How2Recycle Website or the processing of payments, such as providing your name, contact information, transaction details, and Payment Information (as defined in the Agreement) to our third party payment processors (our “Payment Processors”) when you make a payment;
8.2.4. to any of the GreenBlue Parties (as defined in the Agreement), our business partners, service providers, vendors, and agents who provide hosting services, technical support services, order processing services, Payment Processors, and as is necessary or appropriate in connection with the processing and fulfillment of payments or the operation, maintenance, and support of the How2Recycle Website;
8.2.5. to comply with any legal requirements, subpoenas, discovery requests, or court orders, to defend any legal or administrative proceedings, or as we believe in good faith is necessary to comply with any laws or legal requirements;
8.2.6. to any person as we believe is necessary or appropriate in an emergency situation, including without limitation, to prevent criminal activity, personal injury, or property damage;
8.2.7. to law enforcement, financial institutions, or other appropriate authorities in connection with any investigation of suspected criminal or fraudulent activity by any person or entity; and
8.2.8. if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the GreenBlue Parties (as defined in the Agreement), children, our users, customers, or other third parties (including, without limitation, to facilitate the enforcement of our rights under the Agreement).
9. Opt-In Sharing Features. We will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to a third party if we know or have reason to believe that the third party will use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, unless you opt-in or otherwise expressly consent for such sharing.
11. Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, including the use of TLS to encrypt information you send through the How2Recycle Website. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for safeguarding your Login Credentials associated with your How2Recycle Account and notifying us immediately if you suspect your Login Credentials for your How2Recycle Account have been compromised. You are strongly cautioned to never share Sensitive Information with other users through the How2Recycle Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Despite our measures to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or through the How2Recycle Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures of the How2Recycle Website or of our service providers, agents, or other third parties.
13. Access to and Change of Personal Information. You may contact us at any time to: (a) request the removal of the Personal Information you provided to us from our databases; and (b) update your Personal Information. However, certain information associated with your use of the How2Recycle Website, such as information about payments made in connection with the How2Recycle Website, may be retained permanently for legal, tax, and business reasons. In addition, because certain Personal Information may be necessary to provide the How2Recycle Website to you, you understand that the removal of that Personal Information may require us to delete your How2Recycle Account. When your Personal Information or your User Content (as defined in the Agreement) is updated or deleted, copies of such information may remain in our backups.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at: [email protected] or 434.817.1424.