H2R in Action

VTech Electronics North America, L.L.C. Joins How2Recycling Labeling Program

CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA, July 29, 2020 — How2Recycle is excited to welcome North America, L.L.C. (VTech Electronics) into the How2Recycle label program. VTech Electronics is a global supplier of electronic learning products (ELP) from infancy through toddler and preschool. By joining the How2Recycle label program, VTech Electronics targets to reach their overarching five-year sustainability goals 2025 of encouraging and educating the public about on-packaging recyclability. VTech Electronics has identified that the first products to feature the How2Recycle label will be VTech infant, toddler, and preschool toys. 

Part of VTech Electronics’s sustainability goals 2025 includes reducing the use of non-recyclable material for packaging to less than 3% and eliminating blisters in 99% of ELP packaging and using bio-based blisters for the remaining 1%. Additionally, they are planning to have 90% of their electronic learning product packaging boxes to be “easy to fold and flatten” to reduce disposed volume.

About VTech Electronics

VTech is a world leader in age-appropriate and developmental stage-based electronic learning products for children. As a pioneer in the learning toy category, VTech develops high-quality, innovative educational products that enrich children's development and make learning fun. With a rich 40-year history, VTech has not only established itself as a learning authority but also consistently remains at the forefront of innovation with multiple award-winning products, including prestigious Toy of the Year (TOTY) Award winners. The company also has a broad range of award-winning infant, toddler, and preschool products available in 28 different languages worldwide, with more than 100 new products introduced every year. In order to further strengthen VTech's position as a learning authority, new products are developed with critical insights from a dedicated team of in-house learning experts. VTech Electronics North America, L.L.C. is based in Arlington Heights, Illinois. VTech Electronics Limited is headquartered in Hong Kong with distribution globally. For more information about VTech's electronic learning products, visit www.VTechKids.com, www.facebook.com/VTechtoys on Facebook, or follow @VTechToys on Twitter.

About How2Recycle

The How2Recycle® label is a U.S. and Canada-based standardized labeling system that clearly communicates recycling instructions to the public. Over 275 brand owners and retailers are members of How2Recycle, and tens of thousands of products carry the How2Recycle label in the marketplace. How2Recycle is a project of the Sustainable Packaging Coalition®, a membership-based group that brings together businesses, educational institutions, and government agencies to collectively broaden the understanding of packaging sustainability and develop meaningful improvements for packaging solutions. For more information, follow us on Twitter @How2Recycle or go to our website at www.How2Recycle.info. Companies interested in joining How2Recycle can visit http://www.how2recycle.info/jo... for more information or contact [email protected]

How2Recycle Communications

How2Recycle Communications


Share VTech Electronics North America, L.L.C. Joins How2Recycling Labeling Program: